Sunday, November 14, 2021

Life Sentence

This planet is a small dot 

In a large cosmos 

And we are but infinitesimal in scale

Mere beings of chance 

Suspended in space 

A small planet earth 

And in a small corner of this small planet 

I am but a negligible being

When placed in context of this vastness 

And yet my consciousness knows only the space within my head 

My eyes can only look out, they are windows indeed

Though as much as you can look inside and see within me

So I can merely only look out  and look without 

These windows are barred

And so for a prisoner 

What does that vastness of the outside world matter

For he has access only to his little cell

Squalid putrid encapsulated enclosure 

And we all have a life sentence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape

I wonder where I go. Sometimes I snap out of a haze as if I just woke up for a second. And then it somehow transcends back into oblivion. Bu...